McKinney Independent School District - Approved Vendor
Erin Shore Productions is an approved McKinney ISD vendor (vendor #51468) for the provision of audio and video recording and distribution services. The following provides a summary of what we can provide to your fine arts department for livestreaming, and audio/video recording.
Livestreaming of Concerts/Theatrical Events
Erin Shore Productions has done over 300 livestreams of music based productions in the past 3 years. We have worked with MISD to develop an approach to stream performances that are in compliance with music licensing requirements. Facebook and Youtube streaming has many risks. As of June 2020 they have not been aggressive in licensing music for inclusion in video like some other sites. Streaming to Facebook and Youtube, even to a protected page, can result in livestreams being taken down mid show, content strikes, and in extreme situations, cancellation of the accounts of the page and their administrators. We have an MISD approved livestreaming approach that will ensure easy access to concerts for all your parents and families who are not able to come to watch live.
Pricing: $400 for a single show. $200 for each additional day where we don't have to remove our equipment.
Video Recording of Concerts/Theatrical Events
We have a multi-camera capability to shoot with up to five, 4K cameras as well as use a PTZ camera for very fast close-ups and for following movement on stage.
- Our video is shot in 4K - 10bit resolution (4:2:2 chroma sampling) for a total of 1 billion+ colors and high dynamic range (HDR).
- Videos of concerts are then processed and can be broken down by ensemble for distribution to parents and students.
- We provide password protected viewing areas for individual videos and full concerts so only parents/family can see the performances.
- We do not allow the downloading of video of the event to ensure compliance with synch licenses and copyrights.
- Pricing - $400 for a single event up to 3 hours.
Audio Recording for UIL or Concerts/Theatrical Events
We will come in and install a multi-mic set up to capture orchetra, band, and choral performances. We can also interface to mixers set up for wireless audio for theatrical performances. We can record audio of concerts for distribution to parents, or for submission for UIL events.
- Audio is recorded at 44.1, 48, 96, or 192 KHz in 16, or 24 bit via our 32 track audio recorder.
- All audio is professionally mixed, including EQ, compression, and special effects such as reverb, delay, chorus and optionally including moderate tuning fixes on solos. Our use of effects is subtle to give a concert hall sound. We also professionally master each track of audio using LANDR online mastering services.
- Music directors can listen to all our mixes in advance and provide feedback on changes they would like prior to distribution.
Pricing - $550. Including any additional changes to the audio mix.
CD/DVD Print and Digital Distribution
We can create printed CDs and DVDs and submit tracks to streaming services for purchase for fundraising purposes.
- CDs are submitted to Amazon on Demand printing services. CD costs vary, but currently are about $6 per CD. No up front purchase of CDs are necessary... all are purchased through Amazon by parents and are printed on demand and mailed out. Erin Shore will charge whatever price you like and remit back to you 100% of the gross proceeds. Perfect for booster club fundraising. We can't guarantee this turn-around but for one MISD event we recorded the audio on Saturday and the professionally mixed CD was available for sale on Amazon by the following Thursday (it was a Christmas show and we wanted them for sale before the holiday break)
- Distribution through on-line streaming services like Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Play, Pandora and over 25 others can be easily facilitated. This distribution can take some time... some like Spotify are almost immediate and others like Apple can be 1-2 weeks before it goes live.
- All CDs printed or sold digitally require mechanical licenses. We will procure these for you (usually in a day or so) and charge you for the expense. Ideally we like to get the licenses at least 2 weeks in advance.
- DVDs are also available for our recorded video through Amazon on Demand printing. Synch licenses must be procured for a DVD and these can take several months. Music to be licensed for a video must be identified at least 2 months in advance of the expected DVD release date to get the licenses in place.